The 11 Most Destructive Nutrition Lies Ever Told
There is a lot of misinformation circling around in mainstream nutrition.
Here are the top 11 biggest lies, myths and misconceptions of mainstream nutrition:
1. False: Eggs are unhealthy - eggs do not cause heart disease and are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. Eggs for breakfast can help you lose weight.
2. False: Saturated fat is bad for you - newer studies have proven that saturated fat does not cause heart disease. Natural foods that are high in saturated fat are good for you.
3. False: Everybody should be eating grains - grains are relatively low in nutrients compared to other real foods like vegetables. The gluten grains in particular may lead to a variety of health problems.
4. False: Eating a lot of protein is bad for Your bones and kidneys - eating a high protein diet is associated with improved bone health and a lower risk of fracture. High protein also lowers blood pressure and improves diabetes symptoms, which should lower the risk of kidney failure.
5. False: Low-fat foods are good for you - low-fat foods are usually highly processed products loaded with sugar, corn syrup or artificial sweeteners. They are extremely unhealthy.
6. False: You should eat many small meals throughout the day - there is no evidence that eating many small meals throughout the day is better than fewer, bigger meals. Not eating from time to time is good for you. Increased meal frequency is associated with colon cancer.
7. False: Carbs should be your biggest source of calories - the low-fat, high-carb diet is a miserable failure and has been proven repeatedly to be vastly inferior to lower-carb, higher-fat diets.
8. False: High omega-6 seed and vegetable oils are good for you - humans need to get Omega-6 and Omega-3 fats in a certain ratio. Eating excess Omega-6 from seed oils raises your risk of disease.
9. False: Low carb diets are dangerous - low-carb diets are the healthiest, easiest and most effective way to lose weight and reverse metabolic disease. It is a scientific fact.
10. False: Sugar is unhealthy only because it contains “empty” calories - the harmful effects of sugar go way beyond empty calories. Sugar wreaks havoc on our metabolism and sets us up for weight gain and many serious diseases.
11. False: High fat foods will make you fat - diets that are high in fat AND low in carbs cause much greater fat loss than diets that are low in fat.