Missing Link Found Between the Brain and the Immune System
Implications profound for neurological diseases from autism to Alzheimer's to multiple sclerosis
- Vessels directly connecting brain, lymphatic system exist despite decades of doctrine that they don't
- Finding may have substantial implications for major neurological diseases
- Game-changing discovery opens new areas of research, transforms existing ones
- Major gap in understanding of the human body revealed
- 'They'll have to change the textbooks'